SME Marketeers Marketing Project
Email automations - Newsletters & upsell campaigns
What it is
So many businesses focus on attracting new customers but they lose sight of focusing on their existing customers.
We work with our small business owners to produce regular communications to their customers with relevant information. This includes blog articles that may interest that client, new products, services or offers that are coming out, as well as key information such as any days closed, changes in opening hours, events that they are attending if you want an 'in-person' conversation.
Whether that is a regular newsletter or a specific targeted email campaign - and this can be triggered by an 'action' that the customer has taken, not just a blanket email, we help our small business stay closer to their customers.
How it helps
There are some really fascinating stats around customer loyalty, but even without looking at the figures, you know yourself that you are more likely to buy from those companies that:
a) you bought from before and had a good experience with
b) companies that keep in touch with you
c) brands that you have already 'bought into'
There was a great example of customer loyalty on social media recently, a small food company with a very loyal base and regular 5 star reviews, received a poor review which criticized the quality of the product. Before the owner could even respond, his loyal customer base had already replied to the reviewer in defence of the company. The owner very graciously contacted the reviewer offering a refund. However, for any other potential customer you could see the faith in quality of the product both from the customers and the company which would give you more confidence in making the purchase.....
But just in case you want the figures... According to those stats pooled together from Small Biz Genius:
• The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60-70%.
• 56% of customers stay loyal to brands which “get them.”
• 65% of a company’s business comes from existing customers.
• Increasing customer retention by just 5% boosts profits by 25% to 95%.
• • 77% of consumers say they stayed loyal to specific brands for 10 years or more
Examples of our work
How targeted and relevant marketing campaigns have delivered a 42% email open rate!
Our regular monthly communications have helped to retain a brand loyal base of customers, with 42% of customers opening the emails each month with the latest blogs on selfcare healthcare solutions, news and offers.
4U Pilates & Wellbeing
Need help getting started with your customer programme?
We're happy to help you. We would look first at what you are currently doing, your services and help identify
• any gaps in your communications with existing customers
• or services that you now offer that may be of interest to customers who have not purchased from your recently.
• or any additional services that you offer which may be of interest to your regular customers that they are not taking advantage of.
Please contact us if you would like help.